With a view to imbibe oneness and to create a sense of belongingness, a dress code is considered. To begin with, a uniform shall be given to all the students. Non-compliance will attract penalty.
Attendance, Progress and Discipline
The college is very particular about the attendance, progress and discipline of students. Subject wise attendance will be taken for all the classes. A minimum attendance of 75% in each subject is a must to become eligible to take the University Examinations. Such ineligible students will not be given hall ticket and they have to repeat the same class in the next session in case of vacancy.
No student shall abstain himself / herself without applying to the concerned HOD for leave of absence. Any absence with leave of absence is not a substitute for attendance. It is only a gesture of good manners, discipline and courtesy. Abstaining for over a week will result in removal from the roll.
Parents are directed to see the notice board periodically. So that the parents can interact with the college to improve the performance of their wards. No personal intimation shall be sent to parents.
Students should not be found idling away their time in the college premises during class hours.
Students should conduct themselves with a sense of discipline, decency and dignity both inside and outside the college and should not indulge in anti-social activities of any sort including ragging. Every student should actively participate in all extra and co-curricular activities of the college.
Student Code of Conduct
- Students should possess their identity card to enter the College premises.
- Students shall come clean, tidy and modestly dressed in the uniform provided to them.
- Students are expected to use only courteous and polite language and behave with dignity with the faculty members and the staff of the College and treat others in the way that they would wish to be treated themselves.
- Students shall avoid using any insulting, inciting, threatening language when talking with fellow students and should abstain themselves from violence.
- Students are expected to read notices/circulars displayed on the Notice Board. Ignorance of not reading any notice/circular thus displayed shall not be accepted as an excuse failing to comply with the directions contained in it.
- Students should not leave the class or turn-up late to the class under the pretext of paying fees, visiting the library etc.
- Students are forbidden from entering the office and the staff rooms during unspecified hours.
- Ragging and eve teasing is considered a crime and strictly prohibited by an act promulgated by the Supreme Court of India & Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. If any student indulges in any form of ragging or eve-teasing inside the premises or outside, one will be summarily expelled from the college.
- Student vehicles should be parked in the allotted parking space. Vehicles found parked in unauthorized places shall be impounded.
- Students shall not talk or act in any manner outside the institution in a way that would bring disrepute to the College.
- The students shall be regular and punctual in attending classes and all activities connected with their course.
- Gathering in groups on the street, at the entrance, exit and pathways are strictly prohibited.
- Performing religious practices as a group or as an individual is not permitted on the Campus.
- Students should not involve themselves either directly or indirectly in any form of politics either inside or outside the College during their period of study.
- No student is permitted to leave the classroom during class hours without a valid reason and permission of the course teacher concerned.
- While attending functions, the students will conduct themselves in such a way as to bring credit to themselves and to the College.
- Spitting, smoking, consumption of alcohol, drugs and throwing unwanted material, littering inside the campus is strictly prohibited.
- Students are prohibited from damaging the building or any other property or infrastructure of the Campus in any way. The cost of any damage so caused will be recovered from the students collectively if the responsibility for it cannot be fixed on an individual or a group of individuals.
- No meeting/function of any kind shall be held in the college premises without the written permission of the Principal.
- No notice of any kind shall be circulated among students or displayed on notice board without the written permission of the Principal.
- No information or report should be sent to press or broadcasting agencies without the permission and approval of the Principal.
- Students are required to strictly adhere to the following:
- Do not waste food and water.
- Do not leave the taps open in the restrooms.
- Switch off the lights/electrical appliances/LCD projectors after use.
- Use of auditorium/seminar hall shall be with the prior permission of the concerned authorities.
- Use of sports equipment shall be with the prior permission of the authorities.
- The students are expected to take up all assignments, tests and examinations of this college seriously and perform at their best.
- Avoid Plagiarism, malpractices of any kind in learning assignments including project work and its reports.
- Misconduct during the examination, use of unauthorised gadgets, carrying paper bits etc. would be seriously dealt with.
- In the campus, various courses and examinations are conducted simultaneously and hence, students should observe SILENCE within the campus.
- If a student fails to comply with this regulation, strict disciplinary action will be initiated against the student which may even result in the rustication of the student from the College.
The act of Indiscipline:
- A student who does not conduct in the manner expected and as stated above is considered to be performing an act of Indiscipline.
- Acts of Indiscipline are dealt with at zero tolerance.
- Any acts of Indiscipline of a student is first to be considered by the Discipline and Welfare Committee of the Department for necessary action. If the issue demands more serious consideration, the act of indiscipline will be reported to the Principal, Dean and Director.
- The Committee will inquire into the charges and recommend suitable action if the charges are substantiated. The Principal will take appropriate action on the recommendation of the Discipline and Welfare Committee.
- Anyone found indulging in ragging or any such acts is liable to be dismissed forthwith.
- Suspension: Principal may suspend a student pending inquiry depending upon the prima facie evidence.
- Appeal: The aggrieved student may appeal to the management whose decision will be final and binding.
Test / Examination
It is mandatory for the students to attend all the tests and exams. Academic Dishonesty and Malpractices by students appearing for examination shall be very strictly dealt with by the Management of Gupta College.
- When a student is found responsible for a violation of the code of conduct pertaining to academic dishonesty (Malpractice in Examinations), the Management will initiate action based on the pre-approved procedures.
- Appropriate penalty or punishment will be awarded to the student and communication sent to the concerned Head of the Department. The matter will be informed to the student’s parents duly.
Malpractices by the students appearing for examination:
A student is responsible for a violation of the code of conduct if found in the following situation:
- If the candidate is found possessing any notes/books or papers scribbled with any contents in the examination hall.
- Exchange of any material or content with others in the examination hall after the commencement of exam.
- Speaking or communicating with other candidates while the examination is in progress.
- Taking with him/her written or blank answer book while leaving the examination hall.
- Copying or allowing others to copy during the examination.
- Using abusive/obscene language or being guilty of misconduct.
- Assaulting any official in any manner involved in the conduct of the examination.
- Disobeying the instructions of invigilators/squad members.
- Seeking favour directly or indirectly from teachers, examiners or any other officials, trying to influence or pressurizing them.
- Any other act on part of the candidate which amount to malpractice.
On the date of admission, the candidate should bring the following documents.
- An attested photocopy of the marks sheet of the qualifying board examination signed by the Principal. If original marks card is received, submit the same.
- Original Certificate with 2 Photocopies of the Caste certificate issued by the competent authority
- Original Transfer certificate + 2 photocopies
- Four passport size photographs
- Four stamp size photographs
- Character Certificate
- Aadhar Card – 1 photocopy
- Eligibility certificate from Bangalore University for Non-Karnataka students
- Copy of Extra-Curricular Certificates, if any.